The Farmers Market will run every Saturday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Trackside Plaza (2 Canton Street) from June through October.Vendors this week include:
- Langwater Organic Farm
- Oakdale Farm
- Fairmont Fruit Farm
- O'Briens Bakery
- Foxboro Cheese Co.
- Stoughton Bakery
- Jordan Brothers Seafood
- Marshfield Trading Post
- Next Step Living
- Sheldonville Soapworks
- SOLA Book Sale
- Bernadette Johnson's African Jewelry, Woven Paper Hats
- Puppy Luv
- Jewelry by Lisa and Donna
- Dave Birkin performs New Orleans "Second Line" Jazz, playing saxophone. He will also have a trombone player and tuba player with him.
- People can take a self-guided Stoughton Train Walking Tour, which includes 15 locations in the downtown area that have model trains set up for children and families to enjoy.
- There will be food demos/ free samples and recipes by UMASS Ext. Nutrition program.
- A fitness specialist from the YMCA will be at the market every Saturday from 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. for free fitness assessments, including blood pressure and body composition measurements.
- There is no admission to the market, which is held rain or shine. Market goers are asked to keep their pets at home.
- SNAP/EBT is accepted at the market.
Recycled Model Train Contest Coming...
The Stoughton Farmers Market and Stoughton YMCA are co-sponsoring a Recycled Model Train Contest on September 7 at the Farmers Market.
Search through your recycled items to build your own model train! Consideration will be given to most creative model with the most recycled products used.
There will be age divisions for ages 4 and below, ages 5 to 7, ages 8 to 10 , and ages 11 and up.
All models must be no larger than 11 inches long, by 8.5 inches wide, and 8 inches high.
Any local artist or crafter with unique handmade products interested in having a booth at the Farmers Market, should contact Teresa Tapper at firstname.lastname@example.org.