The first day of school in Stoughton is just a couple weeks away, with teachers reporting Tuesday, September 3, and students in grades 1-12 reporting the next day, Wednesday, September 4 (kindergarten begins September 10).
Click here for the full 2013-2014 school calendar, including key dates, vacations and early release days.
The following are some key dates for high school students as the summer winds down:
- Student schedules will be ready August 19. Guidance will be available the last two weeks to make corrections.
- Tours of the high school building for new students will be available on Tuesdays from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. Students who would like a tour, may meet one of the SHS student leaders at the gym lobby any time between 9 and 2. No appointments are necessary.
- The high school building will be closed on Wednesday, August 21 for the whole day for police training.
- SHS will be having a back to school night for parents on September 11 beginning at 6 p.m. in the auditorium.
Fall Sports Underway at Stoughton High School
The Stoughton High football team begins official team practices Monday, August 19, with the rest of the SHS fall sports teams taking the field for preseason practices starting Thursday, August 22. The regular season starts in September after the start of the school year.
Stoughton High Athletic Director Ryan Donahue said SHS athletes have been utilizing the school's recently updated weight room all summer, with an average of 60-70 students each day working out and conditioning at SHS thanks to the BFS Program (Bigger, Faster, Stronger), which was sponsored by the Prone Family Foundation.
Donahue also added that it's not too late to sign up for the fall sports season.
Some key links and dates to keep on hand:
- A student/parent sports info night for the 2013-2014 school year will be held August 28 at 6 p.m. in the SHS auditorium. The evening will include a meet and greet with coaches.
- For more information on SHS Athletics, visit the SHS Athletics website, or check out the SHS Athletics Twitter account.
On Monday, August 19, from noon to 2 p.m. Daddy's Dairy will be offering free froyo at its Stoughton (354 Washington St.) and Brockton (1280 Belmont St.) locations.
Student Records Available for SHS Classes of '05 & '06
Stoughton High is required by Mass. General Law to keep student transcripts for 60 years after students graduate and leave SHS. All other records may be destroyed after 7 years following graduation.
All records except transcripts will be destroyed on August 21, 2013
for the SHS classes of 2005 and 2006. If you would like your records,
you must request them at the high school office by August 20 and provide identification.
Middle School Hockey Tryouts
The Stoughton Middle School Hockey Program will be held August 19 and August 26 from 3:30 to 4:50 p.m. at the Asiaf Arena in Brockton. The tryouts are funded by the Friends of Stoughton Hockey (FOSH) and are free to all participants.
The Stoughton middle school program plays a full season of hockey in the Junior High League at the Foxboro Sports Center from September through April.
Questions? Contact coach Buddy O'Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org) or FOSH members Laura Sheehan (email@example.com) or Samantha Bainton (firstname.lastname@example.org).