Week 5 marked the start of division play, with the exception of Oliver Ames. Recaps, standings and a week 6 schedule are below.
Week 5 Recap
- Stoughton (5-0), playing in memory of teammate David Wade, a senior who tragically died on Sept. 29, came away with a shutout win over Foxborough (3-2), Friday night in Stoughton. The Stoughton defense kept Foxborough back Kiivone Howard (12 touchdowns in 5 games) out of the endzone for the first time all season. Marcus Middleton scored on a 40-yard run and on a 67-yard touchdown pass from Dan Eckler. Imani Pina forced a fumble and recovered it in the endzone for a defensive touchdown. Click here for a full recap.
- It took more late game magic, but Sharon improved to 5-0 with a come-from-behind win at Canton (1-3) Friday night. Canton held a 14-0 lead through three quarters, but Sharon scored twice in the fourth to send the game into overtime, where the Eagles won with a touchdown. Sharon quarterback Sean O’Neill finished with three touchdown passes, two of which went to Brad Kaufman. Click here for a full recap.
- Mansfield (4-1) jumped out to a 21-7 lead over visiting Attleboro (4-1) in the first half of Friday night's game. However, the second half was a different story, as Attleboro mounted a strong comeback, but fell short. Mansfield's Kyle Wisnieski had a touchdown pass and run. Attleboro's Malique Clark scored three times. Missed extra points made the difference as Mansfield held on for the win. Click here for a full recap
- John Dillion threw for two touchdowns and Joe Johnston rushed for two scores as the King Philip Warriors (5-0) beat the Taunton Tigers (1-4) Friday night at home. KP scored on every drive but two. Click here for a full recap
Franklin 20, North Attleboro 13
- Franklin (4-1) scored twice in the final 38 seconds of play to upset visiting North Attleboro (3-2) Friday night. Trailing 13-7 late in the game, Franklin's Robert Dellorco caught a 19-yard touchdown pass from Nick Zucco and then Dellorco ended the game with an interception return for a touchdown. Click here for a scoring recap.
- In the only non-league game this week, Oliver Ames (4-1) won thanks in part to St. Clair Ryan's dominant performance on the ground Saturday at home. Ryan finished the game with 155 yards rushing on 28 carries, with 2 touchdowns and 12 yards receiving. The entire Pembroke team only had 21 yards rushing. Click here for a full recap.
(Large Schools)Team (overall rec) Division Record Team (overall rec) Division Record
King Philip (5-0)1-0
Sharon (5-0)1-0 Franklin (4-1) 1-0
Oliver Ames (4-1)0-0 Mansfield (3-2) 1-0
Foxborough (3-2)0-1 Attleboro (4-1) 0-1
Canton (1-3)0-1 North Attleboro (3-2) 0-1
Taunton (1-4) 0-1
Week 6 Schedule
Friday, October 12:
- Mansfield at Canton, 6 p.m.
- Stoughton at North Attleboro, 7 p.m.
- Attleboro at Foxborough, 7 p.m.
- Sharon at King Philip, 7 p.m.
Saturday, October 13:
- Taunton at Oliver Ames, 11 a.m.
- Franklin at Westhill (CT), 1 p.m.