The attached PDF (located in the media gallery) contains some information regarding the School Department's six proposed borrowing articles (Articles 64-69) set to come before this year's
The School Department will be asking for:
- $600,000 to repair the roof (Article 64)
- $200,000 for an electrical service upgrade to the Jones School (Article 68)
- $200,000 for Facilities Master Plan capital projects (Article 65)
- $100,000 to restore the surface of the SHS Track (Article 67)
- $250,000 to refurbish the and adjoining basketball court at SHS (Article 66)
- $50,000 to re-sod the SHS football field (Article 69)
The articles are listed here in the prioritized order suggested by Superintendent of Public Schools Dr. Marguerite Rizzi and voted on by the School Committee. They are not listed in this order in the .
The Finance Committee voted to approve the two Jones school articles (roof and electrical system) and the resurfacing of the SHS track, but did not approve the others.
Town Meeting resumes Wednesday, May 25 at 7:30 p.m. in the Stoughton High School auditorium.