Thirteen students from Stoughton High School were honored last week at the District Distributive Education Clubs of America Competition, according to an announcement this weekend from Stoughton Public Schools.
The event allows students to qualify to participate in the 56th Mass-DECA State Development Career Conference and Competition in Boston. Nearly half of the students who competed in the event on Thursday, Jan. 30 are now eligible to the State DECA Competition, which takes place March 6-8 at the Mariott Copley Place in Boston. About 2,000 MA-DECA students will compete from across the state at the competition.
Twenty-seven Stoughton High School DECA members attended the district conference in Mansfield; more than 450 students completed from area high schools to qualify for the next round of the competition.
The following 13 students received an award on Thursday at the DECA District Competition, becoming eligible to attend the State DECA conference. Four others will attend the State DECA conference as part of the Stoughton High DECA Quiz Bowl Team. Stoughton High received three first-place medals, two second-place medals and six third-place medals, two fourth-place medals in the following categories:
- Donyea Holloway – Business Services Marketing
- Jonathan Kerman – Marketing Management Series
- William Longue – Principles of Business Management
- Craig Goodrich – Quick Serve Restaurant Management
- Julia Sjoquist – Retail Merchandising
- Corey Ayochok – Principles of Hospitality and Tourism
- Dan Armany – Principles of Marketing
- Jesse Miller – Accounting Application Series
- Jason Marshall – Finance Service Team Decision Making Event
- Peter Cariofiles - Finance Service Team Decision Making Event
- Kaitlyn Eckler – Restaurant and Food Service Management
- David Cellucci – Retail Merchandising
- Robbie Gair – Retail Merchandising
Quiz Bowl Team
- Ashley Chipman
- Jessica Greer
- Hannah Quinn
- Olivia Leonard