Stoughton teachers voted to ratify the STA contract earlier this month, and the final vote must come from the school committee, which will meet on Tuesday, May 27 at 6:45 p.m. at Stoughton High School.
Three Stoughton officials have reportedly already opposed the contract, the STA said, and if they vote no on Tuesday, the vote would be deadlocked at 3-3 and not pass.
"We have worked too hard and for too long to allow this dysfunction to continue," the STA said in a statement. "A deadlocked vote will definitely lead to more litigation and prolonged dysfunction. Taxpayers, parents, students and teachers have earned the right to enjoy labor peace in order to move our school system forward."
Last week, the STA reported that the Division of Labor Relations issued a decision that the Stoughton School Committee illegally withheld steps from its employees. For updates, follow the STA on Facebook here.
The full agenda for Tuesday's meeting can be found below.
- Stoughton High School Student Representatives – Leslie Camilo and Adam Potter
- Public Comments
- Decision on STA Unfair Labor Practice Complaint – nonpayment of FY14 steps
- School Committee Ratification of the tentative agreement with the STA
- Stoughton Teachers Association (STA)
- Stoughton Public Schools Hiring Freeze
- Update on the Payment of School Department bills
- Curbing School Committee legal costs
- Periodic Financial Reports for the school committee – May Report
- Close of the 2013 – 2014 School Year
- Acceptance of Scholarships - SSEPAC Higgins Scholarships
- Acceptance of Donation - Dr. Robert G. O'Donnell Middle School PTSO - $250.00
- Open Meeting Law complaint from Ms. Husseini
- SPS Lunch Price Increase
- SPS Hiring policy – and School Nurse posting
- Administration’s duty to inform school committee with accurate and complete information
- Superintendent Evaluation - Superintendent’s Self-Assessment
- Extended School Day Policy – Second Reading
- Acceptance of Minutes – Regular Meeting – March 25, 2014
- Other Matters
- Executive Session
Acceptance of Minutes – March 25, 2014
Unit A Collective Bargaining Update
- Financial Warrants
- Next Regular Meeting – June 17, 2014
Next Special Meeting – May 28, 2014