In an effort to give residents a last chance to hear from the candidates before the April 10 Town Election, Stoughton Patch sent a questionnaire to each of the candidates running in a contested race.
The questions are printed as they were presented to the candidates and their answers are printed as they were received (unedited).
(incumbent) and are the two candidates vying for a single seat on the Stoughton School Committee.
They were asked the following questions:
- Background information (how long you've served or your prior service on various town boards) and any other pertinent info you would like readers/voters to know about you.
- Why are you running for this position?
- What separates you from your opponent? Why should residents vote for you?
- What is the most important issue facing the schools?
- What is your take on the procurement issue between the town and the schools? How can the relationship between the town side and schools be improved in general?
- Statements of interest were filed for both Stoughton High and the South School. How much of a priority is it to replace or renovate Stoughton High School? What about the South School? Which school should be the district's highest priority if MSBA [Massachusetts School Building Authority] funding is available for only one school?
Click on the links below to read the responses from the two School Committee candidates: