The invited members of the Stoughton community to come and read to classes throughout the school as part of its Community Readers Day.
On the afternoon of Nov. 22, 20 members of the community visited the Gibbons, read a book to a class, led the students in a discussion about the book’s theme, and then answered some questions about their job.
I had the pleasure of reading to Mrs. Galanis’ first grade class.
School and town officials, doctors, bank managers, and veterans made up the group of community readers.
Take a look at the media gallery for photos from the afternoon (photos courtesy of Tricia Dembrowski and the Gibbons School).
- Joyce Dwyer (Senior Executive Director at the YMCA)
- Joyce Husseini (Stoughton School Committee Chair)
- Benjamin Sprague (Veteran)
- Jeffrey Pickette (Stoughton Patch)
- Peggy Sewcyk (Preschool Teacher)
- Heather Tucker (Stoughton Public Schools’ Administrator of Special Education)
- Wayne Hester (O’Donnell Middle School Principal)
- Karen Hall (Director, Stoughton Youth Commission)
- Cynthia Walsh (Stoughton Selectman)
- Dr. Marguerite Rizzi (Superintendent of Stoughton Public Schools)
- Mark Dolloff (Stoughton) Fire Chief
- Dr. Nicole Salamy (Pediatric Dentist)
- Ryan Donohue (Stoughton High Athletic Director)
- Noreen O’Toole (Stoughton Town Planner)
- Patricia Basler (Director of the Stoughton Public Library)
- Bill Healey (Stoughton Police Officer)
- Maria Pimentel (Bank Manager at Randolph Savings)
- Tom Murphy (Stoughton Police Sergeant)
- Jayne Curry (Retired Teacher)
- Tricia Dembrowski (Gibbons School PTA)