The following information is from the Stoughton Police logs. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Walgreens Shoplifter Arrested
A Walgreens employee called at 4:39 p.m. on August 22 reporting that a "black male wearing a white hat and black shorts" had stolen a prepaid cellphone from the store, located at 413 Washington St.
Officers located the suspect behind Dunkin Donuts, according to the police log.
Derek J. Fox, 26, of Dorchester, was charged with shoplifting ($100+ by asportation).
Assault and Battery
Stoughton Police received a call for domestic assault and battery from the Stoughton Public Library at 1:40 p.m. on August 21.
Daniel Peter Banis, 53, of Stoddard St. in Stoughton, was charged with assault and battery (domestic) and assault and battery by a dangerous weapon.
A female was transported to to speak to a victim advocate, according to the log.
Assault and Battery
A caller from the Fieldbrook House at 820 Washington St. reported being assaulted 30 minutes prior to contacting police at 2:28 a.m. on August 22.
Ashley DiPrimio, 19, of 820 Washington St. in Stoughton, was charged with assault and battery.
Motor Vehicle Infractions
A number of drivers were charged with a variety of motor vehicle infractions between August 20-23:
- Jeffrey St. Louis, 22, of Canton, was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license; operating an unregistered motor vehicle; and operating a motor vehicle with no inspection sticker after being stopped on Turnpike St. at 12:41 p.m. on August 20.
- Brandon Hensley, 30, of Ethyl Way in Stoughton, was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license; speeding; and failing to wear a seat belt after being stopped on Turnpike St. at 3:11 p.m. on August 20.
- Todd Perrin, 50, of Perry St. in Stoughton, was charged with a marked lanes violation and failure to use care while passing after being being stopped on School St. at 11:18 p.m. on August 20.
- Danielle Acciavatti, 41, of Winfisky Dr. in Stoughton, was charged with operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license; possessing a false/stolen RMV document; and operating a motor vehicle without an inspection sticker after being stopped on Washington St. at 6:43 a.m. on August 23.
- Janna Urman, 32, of Foxboro, was charged with the unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle after being stopped on Central St. at 4:24 p.m. on August 23.
Homeless Man Stopping Traffic, Asking Motorists for Money
Police received multiple calls on August 21 and August 22 for a 28-year-old man, believed to be homeless, stopping traffic at the corner of Turnpike and Cantral Streets by pressing the crosswalk button and then asking motorists for money.
Officers spoke with the man in question.
Cars Going Through Railroad Crossing When Lights Were Flashing
Police stopped eight cars the morning of August 23 at the Porter St./Canton St. railroad crossing after the cars went through the crossing even though the lights were flashing. Verbal warnings were issued, according to the log.
A 15-year-old was hit by a vehicle at 1519 Central St. (Elite Health and Fitness) at 8 a.m. on August 22. The transported the minor to the hospital.
At 12:17 p.m. on August 20, an employee at the Stoughton BJ's at 901 Technology Center Drive reported receiving a counterfeit $20 bill.