.

Carbon Monoxide Exposure at Stoughton Convenience Store Sends Three to Hospital

Three people were exposed to elevated levels of carbon monoxide while stripping and refinishing the floors at Page’s on Pearl St. in Stoughton in the early morning hours.

Three people were transported to Good Samaritan Medical Center in Brockton early Friday morning after being exposed to elevated levels of carbon monoxide at on Pearl St. in Stoughton, according to Capt. Douglas Campbell of the Stoughton Fire Department.

received a call at 4 a.m. that “three people were feeling sick” at Page’s, Campbell said.

Campbell said the three people were stripping and refinishing the floors at the convenience store, located at 458 Pearl St.

He said a propane-powered floor stripper is the cause of the carbon monoxide exposure, although it is unclear if the machine was malfunctioning or if it was being used improperly.

It took about three hours for Stoughton Fire crews to ventilate the building, and make it safe to re-open. 

A telephone call to the store confirmed that Page’s will be open for business today (Friday). The store opened shortly after 7 a.m.

One engine, two ambulances and the shift commander responded from the Stoughton Fire Department. The conditions and the identities of the three people transported to Good Samaritan are unknown at this time.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »