CHAMBER HANDS OUT AWARDS: The gave out several "Caught You Doing Something Good" awards Monday afternoon at the Texas Roadhouse in Brockton, as part of their February meeting.
Executive Director Terry Schneider was Master of Ceremonies, and Chairman Chris Petrie, Immediate Past Chairman Rick Kaplan, and Board member Elizabeth Snell also handed out awards.
Awards were given by Schneider to:
- (pictured with her grandmother Diane Sousa)
- Heather Padgett of
- Peter Boudreau and Neil DeMaranville, volunteers with Ilse Marks Food Pantry.
Kaplan presented an award to:
- English teacher Sue Rockwood (pictured with SHS principal Matt Colantonio).
Petrie presented an award to:
- Charlie Verge and Gil Reis, volunteers for St. Anthony's Free Market.
Snell presented to:
- Stephanie Povilaitis for her in raising money for the tornado victims in Western Massachusetts.
The event featured great food, and attracted over 50 people. Cindy Pazyra was the event chairman, and everyone left with a delicious hand-dipped chocolate covered jumbo strawberry from Joanne Schneider (who provided photos seen in our Gallery) for .
HELPING HANDS AWARDS: The presents Helping Hands Awards throughout the year. Whenever a student does a selfless act, teachers and staff try to recognize them and encourage this type of behavior.
It's an extension of the the "Caught Being Good" program that was there years ago when my own kids attended.
This year's award winners include Kaitlyn Abbott, James Baker, Brenna Coombes, Brad Franley, Shawn Gilman, Anthony Girolamo, Alexandria Kontas, Liam Joyce, Cameron Leslie, Anthony Massoud, Daniel Pestna, Mikayla Snyder, and Audrey Sindor.
Congratulations to all, and keep up the good work!
LOCAL SCHOLARS: Local residents have been invading the Dean's List of colleges all around New England.
- Marissa Horgan of Stoughton was named to the Dean's List (3.5 or higher) for the fall semester at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut.
- Nicole Perdigao of Stoughton, has made the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth's Chancellor's List (3.8 or higher) for fall semester. She's an accounting major.
- Southern New Hampshire University announces that the following Stoughton students made Dean's List: Damani Barboza (Hospitality Business), Derek Concannon (Marketing) and Emily Lamplough (Community Sociology)
- Also making Dean List (top 25% of students) at the University of Connecticut were Stoughton's own James Barber, Nicole Beauregard, and Jessica Correia.