Veterans Day, held each year on Nov. 11, is a holiday to honor the men and women who have served this country in the Armed Forces.
To read more about the history of the holiday, click here.
Where Veterans Day fell on a Sunday this year, it will be observed Monday, Nov. 12.
Here's the list of what is open and closed in most states this holiday:
- Retail Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Liquor Stores
- Gyms/Health Clubs
- Call ahead before heading to any of the above establishments to confirm they are open. Some retail stores or gyms/health clubs may be operating on a Sunday schedule or with limited hours.
- Most Banks (some may be open; call ahead)
- No mail delivery - All U.S post offices are closed
- State Offices
- Town Hall and Municipal Offices (Stoughton Town Hall)
- Schools (Stoughton Public Schools)
- Libraries (Stoughton Public Library)
- The Stoughton Council on Aging
No Trash Pickup on Veterans Day in Stoughton
On Monday, Nov. 12, there will be no curbside trash collection in observance of Veterans Day.
Trash collection for Veterans Day will be scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 13, in addition to the regular Tuesday collection.
This is standard procedure for any holiday. All rubbish and recyclables must be curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
The Blue, Orange, Red and Green Lines, buses and trackless trolleys will run on a regular weekday schedule.
The Commuter Rail will run on a regular weekday schedule.