"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Stoughton Life Teen Fundraiser at Nocera's
in Stoughton is providing a community outlet to local non-profit groups for fundraising. This is a great way to raise money for important community organizations, like , that are often not financially supported to the extent of what is needed to succeed.
This evening, Thursday, October 13, bring the fundraiser ticket (posted in the media gallery) and enjoy dinner or order take-out from Nocera’s Restaurant.
When paying your check, give the waitperson your ticket. The ticket will be attached to your check. Nocera’s Restaurant will contribute 20% of the total bill to Stoughton Life Teen.
2. Thursday is Food Pantry Day in Stoughton
Stoughton resident continues her effort to in Stoughton, personally picking up donations for the food pantries every Thursday.
Here's a note from Peg: "I pick up non perishable food and also household items , anywhere in Stoughton and deliver them to the food pantry. Please tell your friends and neighbors. One item, one bag or several, and I will pick them up every Thursday."
Haven't called to arrange a pickup? It's not too late. Call Peg at 508-889-1385 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Senior Center Events
- 9:15 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. - Senior Fitness
- 10 a.m. - Blood Pressure Clinic (at West Stoughton Village)
- 10:30 a.m. - Quilting
- 12 p.m. - Knitting and Crocheting
- 12:30 p.m. - Canasta
- 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. - MS Support Group
- 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. - Tap Dancing
- LUNCH (11:15 a.m.) - Cheddar Crumb Fish
4. Sports on Tap
Weather pending, the following Stoughton High teams are in action on Thursday:
- 3:30 p.m. - Golf at Oliver Ames
- 3:30 p.m. - girls' varsity soccer vs. Taunton
- 3:30 p.m. - girls' varsity field hockey at King Philip
- 5 p.m. - varsity volleyball at Fontbonne Academy
5. Looking Ahead: Public Flu Clinic
The Stoughton Public Health and VNA will hold a public flu clinic next Thursday, Oct. 20, from 3 to 5 p.m. at the cafeteria.
The clinic is available to anyone 18 and older. The Stoughton Public Health and VNA now have the ability to bill insurance, so bring your insurance card.
Call the flu hotline at 781-341-1300 ext 9155 for further information on upcoming flu clinics.