"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Roadwork to Cause Delays on Turnpike St.
On Wednesday, Dec. 7 and Thursday, Dec. 8, the right lane of Turnpike St. from its intersection with Pleasant St. to its intersection with Page St. will be closed from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
The Stoughton Department of Public Works said a detour would be set up, but said to still .
There will also be water main work done on Turnpike St. during those days, so residents may experience discolored water and low water pressure problems as a result.
2. SSEPAC Meeting
The Stoughton Special Education Parent Advisory Committee (SSEPAC) meets this evening, Wednesday, Dec. 7, at 6:30 p.m. at the Jones School in the .
An agenda is posted .
3. Teddybear Storytime at the Library
Come join Peggy Sewcyk Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the for Teddybear Storytime. It's for children ages 3.5 to 6 years old.
4. Breakfast with Santa at the YMCA
This Saturday, Dec. 10, from 8 a.m. until 11 a.m. at the auditorium, come and have breakfast with Santa.
There will be crafts, stories, music, raffles, and more. Breakfast will be catered by Peppercorns Cafe.
The cost is $5 for members and $10 for non-members. Registration is required by Dec. 7. Walk-ins on Saturday morning will be accommodated if space is available.
Call 781-341-2016 with questions.
5. Senior Center Events
- 9 a.m. - Walking Club
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Total Body Conditioning
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Senior Serenader Choral Practice
- 12:30 p.m. - MOVIE: "Conviction"
- 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Gentle Yoga
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Strength Training
- LUNCH (11:15 a.m.) - Low Sodium Hot Dog