"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Menorah Lighting
(From About Town): On the second night of Chanukah, Wednesday, December 21, will hold a Chanukah celebration at the on Central Street.
At 5 p.m., parents and children will join together in the main lobby for a Menorah lighting ceremony.
Shaloh House will also hold Menorah lighting ceremonies every night of Chanukah at 6 p.m. at the eight-foot tall Menorah at Cobb's Corner located at the .
2. Teddybear Storytime at the Library
Come join Peggy Sewcyk Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the for Teddybear Storytime. It's for children ages 3.5 to 6 years old.
3. Sports on Tap
- 7:30 p.m. - boys' varsity hockey vs. Bishop Feehan
4. Senior Center Events
- 9 a.m. - Walking Club
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Total Body Conditioning
- 10:00 a.m. - Legal Advice with Barry Crimmins
- 10:30 a.m. - Music with Peggy Sewcyk and her preschool class.
- 12:30 p.m. - MOVIE: "Mrs. Miracle"
- 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Gentle Yoga
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Strength Training
- LUNCH (11:15 a.m.) - Roast Turkey
5. Follow Town and School News on Twitter
The Town of Stoughton (@Stoughton10), The Stoughton Public Schools (@SPS232) Stoughton High School (@SHS232) and the O'Donnell Middle School (@OMS211) all have new twitter feeds, giving residents a new platform to get updates about Town and School news.
And, while we're on the topic of twitter, here's a shameless plug: Stoughton Patch (@StoughtonPatch) has a twitter account as well. Follow us for all news updates, posted throughout the day. We're also on Facebook, so be sure to "like" us!