"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. 2012 Kathleen M. Bedrosian Scholarship Volleyball Tournament
From 5:30 p.m. until 9:30 p.m. on Friday, April 27, teams from the schools and police department will compete in the Kathleen M. Bedrosian Scholarship tournament at the gymnasium.
Kathleen “Kitty” Bedrosian was a beloved teacher at the . She was an inspiration to all that met her. After a long and courageous battle with cancer, Kitty passed away during the spring of 2002. Tremendously missed by her family and friends, this tournament was named after Kitty to keep her memory alive in the town of Stoughton.
2. "Doin' It For Diane" Fundraiser
Stoughton's big benefit for the town's food pantries is back: the 7th Annual will take place on Friday, April 27, from 7 p.m. - 9:30 p.m at the .
Tickets are $20. There will be entertainment, raffles, a silent auction, a cash bar, and a dessert buffet.
For more information and to find out where you can purchase tickets, click on the following link:http://www.doinitfordiane.org/
100 percent of the proceeds go to the two food pantries in town.
3. Live Music at Town Spa
Pete Espinosa entertains with acoustic music at Henry's Downstairs Lounge at Friday evening from 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
There is a limited menu and full bar; 21+ (id's required and checked at door).
4. Sports on Tap
- 3:00 p.m. - girls' varsity tennis at Canton
- 3:30 p.m. - varsity baseball vs. Canton
- 3:30 p.m. - JV baseball at Canton
- 3:30 p.m. - freshmen baseball vs. Canton
- 3:30 p.m. - varsity softball at Canton
- 3:30 p.m. - JV softball at Canton
- 3:30 p.m. - freshmen softball vs. Oliver Ames
- 4:00 p.m. - boys' varsity tennis at Canton
5. Get Involved with Party All Night Long
Now in its 13th year, (PANL) the SHS Annual All-Night Lock-In Graduation Party, will take place on June 7, 2012. The night is filled with food, music, entertainment and great fun - in a safe, drug/alcohol free setting.
To learn how you can by tickets, volunteer, or donate to PANL see the flyer posted in the media gallery.