"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. January 2013 Lunch Menus for the Stoughton Public Schools
What's for lunch on Tuesday, Jan. 15? We have the answer!
The January 2013 lunch menus (through Jan. 25) for the elementary schools (Dawe, Gibbons, Hansen, South, West), for the O'Donnell Middle School and for Stoughton High School are available to view/print by clicking on the following link:
January 2013 Lunch Menus for the Stoughton Public Schools
2. Drug Awareness Night
Come speak to local experts on how to keep your family drug free at a Drug Awareness Night, held from 7 p.m. until 8:30 p.m. next Thursday, Jan. 10 at the O'Donnell Middle School.
Discussion topics include:
• Local and current drug trends
• Tools on how to talk to kids
• Consequences for teen drug abuse
The event is sponsored by OASIS, the Stoughton Police Department and the Stoughton Parent Engagement Center
3. Stoughton Sports on Tap
- The Stoughton High swim team hosts Sharon at 5:30 p.m. at the Randolph High pool
- The Stoughton High wrestling team travels to Sharon High (5:30 p.m. JV start, 7 p.m. varsity start)
4. Reminder: Thursday is Food Pantry Day in Stoughton
Stoughton resident Peg Carbone continues her effort to curb hunger in Stoughton, personally picking up donations for the food pantries every Thursday.
Here's a note from Peg: "I pick up non perishable food and also household items every Thursday, anywhere in Stoughton and deliver them to the food pantry. Please tell your friends and neighbors. One item, one bag or several, and I will pick them up every Thursday."
Haven't called to arrange a pickup? It's not too late. Call Peg at 508-889-1385 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Grocery Deals on Stoughton Patch
Stoughton Patch has added a grocery specials section. You can search by store, category and even item. Check it out here: