What is Open, Closed on New Year’s Day
New Year’s Day: What's open and closed in Stoughton on Tuesday, January 1.
Here's the list of what is open and closed in Massachusetts on New Year’s Day this year, Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2013:
Open (at owner's discretion):
- Gas Stations
- Retail Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Gyms/Health Clubs
- Call ahead before heading to any of the above establishments to confirm they are open.
- Stock Market
- No mail delivery - All U.S post offices are closed
- Federal Offices
- State Offices
- Town Hall and Municipal Offices (Stoughton Town Hall)
- Schools (Stoughton Public Schools)
- Libraries (Stoughton Public Library)
- The Stoughton Council on Aging
No Trash Collection on New Year's Day in Stoughton
Tuesday, Jan. 1, there will be no curbside trash pickup in observance of New Year's Day. Trash collection will instead be scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 2 in addition to the regular Wednesday collections.
All rubbish and recyclables must be curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
Christmas Trees (with bags and stands removed) may be left curbside on your regular RECYCLING collection day and will be picked up by a separate truck during January only. This is the only method of disposal. Christmas trees will not be accepted at the Transfer Station.
The Subway and Commuter Rail will be operating on a Sunday schedule on New Year's Day.