In an effort to give residents a last chance to hear from the candidates before the April 10 Town Election, Stoughton Patch sent a questionnaire to each of the candidates running in a contested race.
The questions are printed as they were presented to the candidates and their answers are printed as they were received (unedited).
They were asked the following questions:
- Background information (how long you've served or your prior service on various town boards) and any other pertinent info you would like readers/voters to know about you.
- Why are you running for this position?
- What separates you from your opponent? Why should residents vote for you?
- What is the most important issue facing the schools?
- What is your take on the procurement issue between the town and the schools? How can the relationship between the town side and schools be improved in general?
- Statements of interest were filed for both Stoughton High and the South School. How much of a priority is it to replace or renovate Stoughton High School? What about the South School? Which school should be the district's highest priority if MSBA [Massachusetts School Building Authority] funding is available for only one school?
Click on the links below to read the responses from the two School Committee candidates: