Stoughton's 2012 4th of July Itinerary
Stoughton will be celebrating the Fourth of July this year with a carnival, concert, fireworks show and parade.
As has become tradition, Stoughton will be celebrating the 4th of July in style, starting the evening of July 3 with a carnival, concert and fireworks show, and continuing on July 4th with the annual parade.
The activities are coordinated by the Stoughton Community Events Committee.
A full itinerary is posted below:
TUESDAY, JULY 3, 2012
- 4th Annual Carnival, from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the O’Donnell Middle School Parking Lot
- The Ronnie Lewis Expedition Concert, hosted by About Town's Mark Snyder, runs from 7 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Stoughton High School Football Field
- The Concession Stand, run by the local AMVETS, will be open and serving delicious food from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the SHS football field.
- The Fireworks will launch at 9:30 p.m. SHARP from the West Elementary School field. View the fireworks from the SHS football field.
- Be prepared for heavy traffic getting out of the high school/middle school complex following the fireworks show.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2012
Annual Independence Day Parade
The Parade starts around 2:30 p.m. at the corner of Park St. and Prospect St., continues down Park St., through the downtown, continues on Washington St. and then ends at the DPW on Central St.
There will be a viewing stand set up in Stoughton Center, in front of the old Pacheco Hardware building.
About Town Columnist Mark Snyder will serve as the emcee of the parade.
Click on the map in the media gallery to view the parade route for Monday's July 4th Parade in Stoughton.