Stoughton Police Arrest Seven For Drunk Driving in Past Week
Stoughton Police Logs, Feb. 26 - March 5, 2013.
The following information is from the Stoughton Police logs. Where arrests or charges are mentioned, it does not indicate a conviction.
Drunk Driving Arrests
Between the period of Tuesday, Feb. 26 and Tuesday, March 5, Stoughton Police arrested seven individuals for allegedly driving drunk, including at lease one each day between March 1 and March 5.
* Feb. 27: Gregory Griffin, 27, of Beulah St. in Whitman was stopped at 12:17 a.m. at the Lodge at Stoughton on Technology Center Dr. Griffin is charged with OUI liquor; motor vehicle lights violation; and speeding in violation of a special regulation.
* March 1: Katelyn Loren Fortes, 22, of Turtle Brook Rd. in Canton, was stopped at 1:30 a.m. at Walgreens on Washington St. Fortes is charged with OUI liquor and operating with a suspended license.
* March 2: Michael Thomas Meagher, 21, of Smyth St. in Stoughton, was stopped at 1:14 a.m. at the Blue Hills Alzheimer Care Center on Park St. Meagher is charged with OUI liquor; negligent operation of a motor vehicle; trespass with a motor vehicle; and a marked lanes violation.
* March 2: Eric Robert Wagner, 23, of Blackstone St. in Stoughton, was stopped at 2:19 a.m. at the intersection of Washington St. and Lincoln St. Wagner is charged with OUI liquor; negligent operation of a motor vehicle; and a marked lanes violation.
* March 3: Stoughton Police attempted to stop a vehicle driven by Jayson Zimmerman, 29, of Country Club Dr. in Randolph, on Park St. near Alger Way in Stoughton around 1:40 a.m., but Zimmerman kept driving, with the pursuit eventually ending at 339 Arthur Paquin Way in Brockton, about four miles away, according to the Stoughton Police Log.
Zimmerman is charged with operating under the influence of liquor; failure to stop for a police officer while operating a motor vehicle; reckless operation of a motor vehicle; speeding in violation of a special regulation; marked lanes violation; failure to stop/yield; assault and battery on a police officer; and resisting arrest.
* March 4: Fabio Marriel, 31, of Water St. in Quincy, was stopped at the intersection of Pleasant St. and Pine St. at 1:04 a.m. Marriel is charged with OUI liquor; operating a motor vehicle negligently to endanger; marked lanes violation; and speeding in violation of a special regulation.
* March 5: Sharelle Thompson, 32, of Pleasant St. in Canton, was stopped on Pine St. at 1:33 a.m. Thompson is charged with OUI liquor; marked lanes violation; speeding in violation of a special regulation; failure to dim headlights; failure to notify RMV of name/address change.