Stoughton High Hosting College Financial Aid Night
A financial aid seminar from the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority, will be held Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. in the SHS Auditorium.
Stoughton High School will be hosting a financial aid night sponsored by MEFA, the Massachusetts Educational Financing Authority, Wednesday, Dec. 5 at 7 p.m. in the SHS Auditorium.
MEFA is a non-profit state agency that gives free information to families about planning for and paying for college.
SHS seniors are strongly encouraged to have at least one member of their family attend this event. Junior parents who would like to get a jump start on the financial aid process are also welcome to attend, SHS Guidance Director Barbara Regan said.
This free college financing seminar will include information about:
- Scholarships, grants and loans
- Applying for financial aid
- Completing the FASFA form
- Options for paying college bills
- MEFA’s free resources for familes
Regan said Kendra Lider-Johnson, who parents might remember from the Junior Parent Night this past spring, will "explain terminology, what the FAFSA is, what the CSS Profile is, what merit scholarships are, and the different types of financial aid packages that colleges offer to students, and how the parents can look at the various offers their child receives in order to make the best decision educationally and financially, for their child."
In addition to the Financial Aid night at Stoughton High Dec. 5, Regan said there are also two additional financial aid seminars being held in the local area this January:
- Wednesday, Jan. 7, 2013, 6:30 p.m. at Stonehill College - Presenters will be financial aid personnel from Stonehill College and from local public and private colleges and universities.
- Sunday, January 27, 2013, 2 p.m. at Massasoit (Brockton campus) - This event has professionals available to answer your specific questions about filing the FAFSA.
More information about these financial aid events is posted in a PDF document in the media gallery of this article.