Stoughton Fire Department Responds to Two-Alarm Fire at Canton Home
Two residents were displaced as a result of Tuesday night's fire in Canton, though no injuries were reported.
The Stoughton Fire Department was among five area fire departments assisting the Canton FD's response to a two-alarm house fire in Canton Tuesday night.
The fire that ignited at a home on Chapman Street in Canton was the result of an accidental electrical issue, Canton Fire Chief Charles E. Doody said Wednesday.
The fire broke out around 9 p.m. Tuesday, and caused fire damage to a basement electrical room. The two occupants who own the home were displaced as a result of the fire, though there were no injuries, Doody said.
"They had fire damage to a basement electrical room, and that extended to the first-floor kitchen, and they had pretty significant smoke and water damage throughout," Doody said.
The home, he added, will be uninhabitable until extensive repairs can be done to the electrical system, plumbing system and after cleanup has been taken care of.
Canton fire crews had assistance from the Stoughton, Sharon and Norwood Fire Departments, while the Westwood and Randolph fire departments covered Canton's two stations.