I'm not a psychic, but I know what you will be doing Sunday from 6:30 p.m. to about 10 p.m., at least most of you. You will be watching the big game between our New England Patriots and the Baltimore Ravens, as the teams battle on the gridiron to determine who will go to the Super Bowl in New Orleans.
Whether you are going to a big party or watching the game alone in a secret room so nobody can see your emotional reaction to every play, you need snack foods. You'll have to find the chips on your own, but here is recipe for a chili-cheese dip to go along with those chips.
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, softened (can use light or fat-free if desired)
- 1 4-ounce can of green chilies
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped and sautéed until the onions are clear and slightly browned
- 1 15-ounce can chili with beans (I use low fat turkey chili)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or pepper jack cheese (reduced fat cheese will also work)
- 1 4-ounce can of diced jalapenos
Layer the ingredients in the order listed in an 8x8 casserole dish coated with cooking spray. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos.