Garage, Greenhouse Destroyed by Fire at Stoughton Home
The Stoughton Fire Department responded to a fire at the garage of a Beechwood home Tuesday morning. The garage was fully engulfed with flames when the SFD arrived.
The Stoughton Fire Department responded to a garage fire Tuesday morning on Beechwood Road, which resulted in a total loss of the structure and about $100,000 in damages, Captain Jim Bertram of the SFD wrote in an email.
There were no injuries to any civilians or firefighters, however.
The SFD received a call at 8:58 a.m. for a fire at 37 Beechwood Road in Stoughton (located in a neighborhood off Central St. near the Hansen School).
There was “heavy smoke visible from a distance,” Bertram wrote in an email.
Upon arrival, the garage/workshop and an attached greenhouse were fully engulfed in flames. Bertram said multiple gasoline and propane tanks located in the garage helped to feed the fire.
Captain Bob O’Donnell was in command and the crew was on scene for two hours, including 30 minutes just to bring the fire under control, Bertram said.
“The cause of the fire appears to be a faulty generator that was operating because of the power outage in the area,” Bertram wrote in an email.
“The building was a total loss,” Bertram continued.
The SFD had Engines 2 and 4 and Ladder 1 on scene. Canton Engine 6 also assisted Stoughton crews. The Avon Fire Department provided station coverage.
Check out photos of the fire in the media gallery, courtesy of Captain Jim Bertram of the Stoughton Fire Department.