Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 20, First Day of Summer
Cash Mob Stoughton at Foley's Backstreet Grille; Finance Committee Meeting; Chess Club at the Library; and more...
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
Wednesday, June 20 is the first day of summer, quite appropriate given the fact that Tuesday, June 19 was the last day of school in Stoughton.
1. Cash Mob Stoughton at Foley's Backstreet Grille
The mob "hit" will take place Wednesday, June 20. Foley's is open from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m.
2. Finance Committee Meeting
The Stoughton Finance Committee meets Wednesday, June 20 at 7:30 p.m. at the Town Hall in the Great Hall on the third floor.
An Agenda can be found here: fincom revised agenda 6-20-12.pdf
3. Chess Club
The Chess Club meets in the young adult area of the Stoughton Public Library on Wednesday at 5 p.m.
4. Senior Center Events
- 9 a.m. - Walking Club
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Total Body Conditioning
- 10 a.m. - Legal Advice with Barry Crimmins
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Senior Serenader Choral Practice
- 12:30 p.m. - MOVIE: The Descendants
- 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Gentle Yoga
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Strength Training
- LUNCH (11:15 a.m.) - Chicken Piccata
- 12 p.m. - Jessica's Lunch
5. Thursday: Community Discussion and Dinner: Route 138 Bottleneck Study
The Old Colony Planning Council is conducting a study of Route 138 in Stoughton, including Stoughton Center, to relieve traffic bottlenecks and improve bike and pedestrian safety.
The public is invited for a discussion and dinner (sponsored by the Pioneering Healthy Communities Coalition). Help create a new vision for Rt. 138. Your input is critical! Dinner is free but RSVP is required - please contact Teresa Tapper at 781-341-2252 or at email@example.com.