Five Things You Need to Know Today: June 1, National Donut Day
Stoughton Youth Commission Looking to Help Park St. Fire Victims; National Donut Day; Yard Sale to Raise Money for American Cancer Society; and more...
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Stoughton Youth Commission Looking to Help Park St. Fire Victims
The Town of Stoughton's Youth Commission, through the Stoughton Youth Resources, is looking to help the families displaced by the May 1 fire on Park St., which significantly damaged the multi-unit residence.
The Stoughton Youth Commission will be collecting donations (gift cards, checks, cash) until June 1, and then will be dispersing these donations to the families on June 4.
2. National Donut Day
To celebrate National Donut Day on June 1, Dunkin Donuts is giving away a FREE donut with the purchase of any beverage (while supplies last).
Click here to find Dunkin Donuts locations in the area.
3. Senior Center Events
- 8 a.m. - Walking Club
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Total Body Conditioning
- 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Strength & Tone
- 11 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. - Bridge
- 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. - Gentle Yoga
- 12:30 p.m. - MOVIE: "We Bought a Zoo"
- LUNCH (11:15 a.m.) - Meatloaf; Jessica's Lunch @ 12 p.m.
4. Weekend Yard Sale to Raise Money for American Cancer Society
Team T-n-T will be participating in the Relay for Cancer walk in June. They are holding a fundraising yard sale at 136 Golden Road this Sunday, June 3 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m., with 100 percent of the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society.
5. Real Time Traffic (and Gas Prices) on Stoughton Patch
Traveling this weekend and want to check the traffic before you hit the road?
You can do that right on Stoughton Patch thanks to our partners from MapQuest.
Get the latest traffic patterns and the cheapest gas prices in the Stoughton area (and beyond) by clicking here.