Five Things You Need to Know Today: February 15
Deadline to Register for Presidential Primary, Teddybear Storytime at the Library, Senior Center Events, and more...
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Deadline to Register for Presidential Primary
(From About Town):
The last day to register to vote or change your party for the Presidential Primary on March 6 is Wednesday, February 15.
Please contact the Town Clerk’s Office if you are not sure if you are registered to vote or to check your party registration.
If you have moved into Stoughton recently, you will need to register to vote in Stoughton. If you have recently gotten married, you will also need to change your name on your voter registration.
The Town Clerk’s Office (first floor of Town Hall) will be open on February 15 until 8 p.m. for Voter Registration.
2. Teddybear Storytime at the Library
Come join Peggy Sewcyk Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. at the Stoughton Public Library for Teddybear Storytime. It's for children ages 3.5 to 6 years old.
3. Senior Center Events
- 9 a.m. - Walking Club
- 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - Total Body Conditioning
- 10 a.m. - Legal Advice with Barry Crimmins
- 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. - Senior Serenader Choral Practice
- 12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Gentle Yoga
- 2 p.m. - 3 p.m. - Strength Training
- LUNCH (11:15 a.m.) - Tuna Fish Sandwhich
4. Rock Star Karaoke at the Last Shot
Every Wednesday evening in February at the Last Shot in Stoughton (559 Washington St.), patrons can exercise their vocal chords with Rock Star Karaoke.
5. Reminder: Get Your Oil Changed, Help the Stoughton Food Pantries
Every Saturday during the months of January and February, Windsor Tire and Island Street Auto will donate $10 to Doin' It For Diane for every oil changed performed.
You can also participate by making a monetary donation or dropping off any non-perishable food items to either location.
The Doin' It For Diane Stoughton Food Pantry Fundraiser is supported by the Stoughton Chamber of Commerce and Copy Inks.