5 Things, November 5: Where Do I Vote on Election Day?
Five Things You Need to Know Today: Where Do I Vote in Tuesday's Presidential Election?; Homework Center at the Library; Stoughton High Volleyball State Tournament Match; And More...
"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Where Do I Vote on Tuesday?
The Presidential Election is on Tuesday, November 6, 2012. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- PRECINCT 1 -- Dawe Elementary School, 131 Pine Street
- PRECINCT 2 -- Jones School, 137 Walnut Street
- PRECINCT 3 -- South Elementary School, 171 Ash Street
- PRECINCT 4 -- Gibbons Elementary School, 235 Morton Street
- PRECINCT 5 -- Gibbons Elementary School, 235 Morton Street
- PRECINCT 6 -- Hansen Elementary School, 1800 Central Street
- PRECINCT 7 -- West Elementary School, 1322 Central Street
- PRECINCT 8 -- O'Donnell Middle School, 211 Cushing Street
Click on the following link to find out specific your precinct:
2. Homework Center at the Library
The Homework Center will be available for students in the Wales French room of the Stoughton Public Library on Mondays from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
3. Stoughton Public Library Chess Tournament
Join the Stoughton Public Library for a FREE 5-week chess tournament with instructor Jozef Warzak, starting Nov. 6.
It takes place Thursdays from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. and Saturdays from 3 p.m. until 5 p.m. in the Wales French Room.
There will be three age groups: K-5, 6-12, and adult, with each age group receiving a prize (see the flyer in the media gallery for details).
Call 781-344-2711 with questions and to signup. Signup prior to Nov. 6.
Players can bring their own chess sets or one will be provided.
4. Veterans Appreciation Breakfast
The Stoughton Council on Aging will be hosting an appreciation breakfast for veterans on Friday, Nov. 9 at 10 a.m. at the Stoughton Senior Center (110 Rockland St.)
If you are a Stoughton veteran, and would like to attend the complimentary breakfast, make your reservations by calling 781-344-8882. Press 1 for the COA, and 1 again for the receptionist.
Veterans may bring one guest for a $3 charge. Tickets may be purchased at the senior center by Nov. 5, or when sold out. Feel free to bring any memorabilia and memories you might like to share!
5. Stoughton High Volleyball Travels to Barnstable for State Tournament Match
The Stoughton High volleyball team, seeded 7th in an 11-team bracket, will travel to #2 Barnstable in the quarterfinal round of the MIAA Division 1 South Sectional volleyball tournament Monday at 6 p.m.