2012 Stoughton Town Meeting Primer
Stoughton's Annual Town Meeting starts Monday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m.
Not a Town Meeting representative but still interested in following along during this year’s annual Town Meeting? Stoughton Patch is providing you with the 2012 Warrant and Report of the Committee on Finance & Taxation, as well as a list of who is representing your precinct at Town Meeting.*
The following materials can be found in the media gallery: the proposed FY2013 budget; the proposed Town Meeting articles; and a list of Town Meeting Representatives by precinct.
Stoughton's 2012 Town Meeting begins Monday, May 7 at 7:30 p.m. in the Stoughton High School auditorium.
In addition to the FY13 budget (approximately $88 million when including the municipal and education budgets, joint accounts and enterprise funds) there are more than 80 articles included in the warrant for consideration.
If all business is not completed on May 7 (highly unlikely), the following dates have been set aside for additional Town Meeting sessions (the 2011 Town Meeting lasted 10 sessions).
- Session #2 - Wednesday, May 9
- Session #3 - Monday, May 14
- Session #4 - Wednesday, May 16
- Session #5 - Monday, May 21
- Session #6 - Wednesday, May 23
- Session #7 - Wednesday, May 30
- Session #8 - Monday, June 11
- Session #9 - Wednesday, June 13
- Session #10 - Monday, June 18
- Session #11 - Wednesday, June 20
* You may have to zoom in when reading the PDF version of the Warrant. Copies of the warrant and list of Town Meeting representatives can also be found by clicking on the links below: